PM Netanyahu lashes out at Hamas saying they will pay the price and will remember it for long
Tel Aviv, October 10, 2023 (ANI): In a stern warning to Hamas, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Tuesday said “Israel did not start this war” but “will finish it”.
As part of its retaliation against Hamas, Israel has mobilised 3 lakh troops. This is the largest mobilisation since the 1973 Yom Kippur War when Israel called up 4 lakh reservists, Times of Israel reported.
“Israel is at war. We didn’t want this war. It was forced upon us in the most brutal and savage way. Though Israel didn’t start this war, Israel will finish it,” said Netanyahu in an address to the nation.
As many as 2,300 Israelis have sustained injuries and more than 700 have died so far in the surprise Hamas attack on Saturday morning.
PM Netanyahu lashed out at Hamas saying they will pay the price and will remember it for long.
“Hamas will understand that by attacking us, they have made a mistake of historic proportions. We will exact a price that will be remembered by them and Israel’s other enemies for decades to come,” said Netanyahu.
He also highlighted the plight of those taken hostage, saying, “The savage attacks that Hamas perpetrated against innocent Israelis are mindboggling: slaughtering families in their homes, massacring hundreds of young people at an outdoor festival, and abducting scores of women, children and elderly, even Holocaust survivors. Hamas terrorists bound, burned and executed children. They are savages.” Branding Hamas as ISIS, he called on the “forces of civilisation” to unite against the Hamas and defeat it.
“Hamas is ISIS. And just as the forces of civilisation united to defeat ISIS, the forces of civiliaation must support Israel in defeating Hamas,” Netanyahu said. (ANI)